The firmware will be launched on the website in the following days from this post.
– initial mapper 268 support (COOLBOY/MINDKIDS), offset variant support @ $5004
– initial large NES/Famicom games detection system
– DE collection works
– kira kira star works
– reworked bus conflict mapper detection system; fixed bugs and faster detecting now
– fixed media set problems when writing system files to the drive
– can reload NES game by reading DETECT.TXT
– override text file for easy user patching
– empty cart slot default mapper mode setting
– add 28 nS delay to /ROMSEL line to fix some mappers
– MC-ACC mapper chip supported
– support deferring CHR-ROM data to PRG-ROM
– increase size of settings.txt up to 1KB
– increase size of override.bin up to 4KB
– add new TEST sequence mode for override.bin
– add new bcmtable.bin file for customizing bus conflict tests
* you will need to download bcmtable.bin to your unit after the firmware upgrade.
– added 11 more settings:
DETECT.TXT_enable OVERRIDE.TXT_enable OVERRIDE.BIN_enable BCMTABLE.BIN_enable BCMTABLE_reporting default_map_index ASIC_map_testing_on alt_buscon_tests_on conflict_testing_on 16_KB_PRG-ROM_test override_testing_on
– improved media reset support
– corrected file attribute assignment bug
– added 4 KB disk write buffer for streaming in unknown file data
– added support for .goutputstream in Linux
– drag + drop to USB-NES in linux works now, editing setting in linux works.
The essential upgrade for USB-NES to support homebrew flash carts and manual mapper overrides:
The first USB-NES lite devices will be sold with firmware version 0.42, which adds support for MMC5-type NES games, as well as TENGEN’s RAMBO series board sets, taking the supported mapper count to over 40. The mirroring flag in the iNES header is now cleared when reading ASIC-type mapper game carts (as opposed to previously always being set). An optional setting has been added to enable the NES 2.0 mode, as well as limiting the maximum vaules of the bus timing parameters to 1 microsecond.